- February 25, 2021
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- For the nth time, President Duterte has discouraged his daughter, Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte-Carpio, from running for president in 2022 despite efforts by some supporters to prod her to follow his footsteps.
- “Inday Sara is not running. I have really put my foot down,” Duterte said on the sidelines of his situational briefing on Typhoon Auring in Surigao del Sur on 23 Feb 21.
- As a father, Duterte said he cannot bear to see his children maligned in public, remarking that “Philippine politics is dirty”.
- Duterte responded to the call of Surigao del Sur Gov. Alexander Pimentel for either Sara or the President’s closest aide, Sen. Bong Go, to run for the presidency to continue the reforms initiated during the current administration.
- Duterte was firm on Sara not running for president, but he did not answer the suggestion to have Go as a possible substitute.
- During the situation briefing in Surigao, the President recalled how former senator Antonio Trillanes IV painted him as a corrupt politician with alleged hidden wealth during the campaign for the 2016 presidential polls.
- Duterte added that even his teenage daughter Kitty was not spared from black propaganda.
- These are the reasons why he does not want Sara to run for higher office, Duterte said.
- The Chief Executive then warned the public against Trillanes, insinuating the possible pitfalls if the former Navy lieutenant is again voted into office.
External Link : https://www.philstar.com/headlines/2021/02/25/2080200/inday-sara-not-running-president-duterte