- April 3, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- Future Forward Party leader Thanathorn Juangroongruangkit confirmed on 3 Apr 19 that he had been summoned by police to answer a charge of sedition brought by the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO), describing it as the use of “dark power”.
- Mr Thanathorn also posted a picture of the summons issued by the Royal Thai Police Office 29 Mar 19. The document named his accuser as Col Burin Thongprapai, a legal officer of the NCPO. It did not refer to any particular act of alleged sedition.
- He said the alleged offence was brought under Section 116 of the Criminal Code, saying that he wondered when he committed this alleged offence. In the past year, he wrote, he had met people nationwide.
- Mr Thanathorn wrote that it was clear that an old-fashioned political game not only refuses to stop after the election but also intensifies, because the opponents are afraid of Future Forward and the unexpected victory of so many people.
- He added that he would meet police as ordered and prove his innocence. He believed millions of people would support him and would not bow to the “dark power” that wanted to destroy his party.