- May 12, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- Reports of a fresh attempt to form a “third” political alliance to curtail attempts by the Palang Pracharath Party (PPRP) to form a government are ringing true, after Future Forward Party (FFP) leader Thanathorn Juangroongruangkit admitted he is in talks with other parties.
- According to Rayut Bunthan, spokesman for the Puea Chat Party, perceived as being under the Pheu Thai Party’s wing, the third political coalition is gaining support from small parties with anti-military government stances.
- Mr Abhisit, ex-Democrat leader, denied on 11 May 19 that there were no serious discussions on the new alliance, and that the political camp that the Democrats choose will become clear after 15 May 19 when the party votes for a new leader.
- Although Mr Abhisit opposes the endorsement of Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha for premier, he also said that he does not want to work with the Pheu Thai Party.
- Meanwhile, Thai Civilised Party leader Mongkonkit Suksintharanon said that 11 of the small political parties with just one MP have united to form their own bloc, with his party among the 11. However, the bloc has not yet decided on which coalition they want to join.