- July 9, 2020
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha is keeping faith with his “New Normal” to steer Thailand forward, prioritising public health safety and tackling the economic problems of the poor.
- The prime minister said his government was moving ahead with a package to employ 400,000 people.
- He also vowed to expedite efforts to address the economic woes caused by the pandemic by picking the most skilled people should he decide a cabinet reshuffle was the best way to proceed.
- He said that while THB500bn had been spent to relieve the immediate impact of Covid-19 for the people over 2Q20, another THB550bn had been earmarked to combat ongoing problems. A large slice of that –THB200bn – will be reserved in case of a second wave of infections.
- Speaking at Government House on 9 Jul 20, Gen Prayut said that a THB400bn spending plan for economic rehabilitation would be undertaken in two phases.
- He said the cabinet had on 8 Jul 20 approved a budget allocation of THB100bn for the first phase, aimed at strengthening the farming sector and creating more jobs.
- The second phase is worth THB300bn and details will be made available later, he said.
- The government will also roll out measures to help small and medium-sized entrepreneurs (SMEs) access funding, with the collaboration of the Bank of Thailand and the Thai Bankers Association.
- The cabinet on 8 Jul 20 also approved five projects worth THB15.5bn proposed under the government’s economic stimulus packages altogether worth THB400bn.
External Link : https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/1948092/pm-accelerates-new%20normal