- January 19, 2020
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- A new political party has already been prepared for members of the Future Forward Party (FFP) to migrate to if the party is disbanded for undermining the monarchy, party secretary-general Piyabutr Saengkanokkul said.
- The Constitutional Court will decide on 21 Jan 20 whether the party should be disbanded.
- In the event of a disbandment ruling, all its MPs, as well as its more than 60,000 party members will switch to a new party which shares the same ideals, Mr Piyabutr said.
- He added that even if the party is dissolved and its executives banned from politics, he and party leader Thanathorn Juangroongruangkit will continue to engage in political debates nationwide so as to “render the party’s disbandment ineffective”.
- Asked if he will lead people in taking to the streets if the party is forced to disband, he said freedom of expression is important to democracy. He added that if formal channels were sufficient on their own, then there would be no impetus for mass protests