- January 15, 2018
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- The government plans to talk about speeding up future investment in its flagship Eastern Economic Corridor (EEC) project in line with China’s One Belt, One Road initiative, says Industry Minister Uttama Savanayana.
- Mr Uttama said the government wants to push the EEC as a support valve for China’s scheme.
- “We believe both schemes offer much potential for China and Thailand, with the EEC set to act as a bridge to attract Chinese investors in the near future,” he said.
- The government wants to propel the country’s economy towards Industry 4.0, which aims to upgrade the industrial sector through the use of high technology.
- The government expects investment in EEC provinces to help increase the country’s GDP by 5% a year, amounting to THB1.5tr over the next five years, from investment of THB100bn in the 10 targeted industries.