- June 19, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- The Economic Affairs Ministry is seeking feedback from all stakeholders to ensure the success of Pakatan Harapan’s new economic model of “shared prosperity” for all.
- Economic Affairs Minister Mohamed Azmin Ali, who is currently facing his greatest challenge in his political career as a result of a leaked sex video, said the consultation would include getting feedback from employees, businesses and industry players.
- He added that the shared prosperity economic model must reduce the economic and income gap, especially among Malays, orang asli, indigenous Sabahans and Sarawakians, and the poor.
- Azmin, who is also the PKR deputy president, said his ministry was the driver behind the implementation of the shared prosperity model.
- The shared prosperity model was announced by Prime Minister Dr Mahathir Mohamad in conjunction with the Pakatan Harapan government’s first anniversary on 10 May 19.
- He said the new direction aimed to ensure that the people reap the fruits of economic prosperity and at the same time, resolve economic problems.
- The shared prosperity approach would see Malaysia continue its path of sustainable development in line with the equitable growth of each value chain, class, community and geography to create a sense of harmony and stability among the people by 2030.
External Link: https://www.themalaysianinsight.com/s/162219