- April 1, 2021
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- NOW is not the time to destroy the federal and state governments formed of Barisan Nasional, PAS and Bersatu, said Annuar Musa as his party Umno prepares to quit Perikatan Nasional.
- “This is not the time to abandon our duties, to forsake the government we have formed,” said Annuar on Facebook on 1 Apr 21.
- He said that Umno had a duty to serve the voters.
- Annuar’s post comes in the wake of resolutions passed at Umno’s annual general assembly last weekend for its members to quit the Perikatan Nasional cabinet.
- Following a meeting between Umno ministers and the prime minister, Muhyiddin Yassin announced that his cabinet members would stay put.
- Annuar, who came under fire during the general assembly for being pro-Bersatu, said on 1 Apr 21 there were more pressing matters than politics.
- “Let us stabilise the country so that the economy can run smoothly and overcome the Covid-19 pandemic. At the same time, we must protect the government that was built based on Muslim unity. Don’t allow the previous government return,” said the Federal Territories minister, referring to multi-ethnic based Pakatan Harapan.
- He said Umno had already wasted too much time on internal politics.
- Although the Umno general assembly had approved pre-meeting resolutions to end political cooperation with Bersatu in GE15 while supporting the Perikatan government until Parliament is dissolved, it added an additional mandate.
- The additional mandate from the floor allows the Umno supreme council to pull out from the Perikatan government whenever it deems fit.
External Link : https://www.themalaysianinsight.com/s/308285
External Link : https://www.themalaysianinsight.com/s/308244
External Link : https://www.themalaysianinsight.com/s/308287