- January 5, 2021
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- UMNO secretary-general Ahmad Maslan has replaced Federal Territories Minister Annuar Musa as Barisan Nasional secretary-general.
- The Pontian MP moved to play down talk that his predecessor had been sacked from the position. “I am just replacing him. That is all,” he told reporters after a meeting with the party’s division chiefs at its headquarters in Kuala Lumpur, refusing to answer any further questions on Annuar.
- Sources have indicated Annuar was dismissed after because the leadership decided his views were not in sync with those of the coalition’s lynchpin party, Umno.
- According to sources, BN chairman Ahmad Zahid Hamidi informed the Federal Territories minister of the decision.
- “He was sacked today,” a source told The Malaysian Insight on the condition of anonymity, while another source said Annuar has not been toeing party lines, siding with the Bersatu-led Perikatan Nasional coalition instead of the party.
- Last week, the Pasir Puteh Umno division called for Annuar’s removal after alleging he has not shown Zahid the appropriate respect, while pre-empting party decisions.
External Link : https://www.themalaysianinsight.com/s/293496