- May 3, 2017
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- Liu He, one of the central government’s key economic advisers, has recently been assigned a new title to lead the reform of China’s economic system.
- Liu – currently the office director of the Communist Party’s Leading Group on Financial and Economic Affairs – was reported to be giving a speech as head of the Central Group on Economic System and Ecological Civilization Reform, during a national meeting on reform held in Beijing on 26-27 Apr, according to the website of the National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC).
- It is Liu’s first public appearance under this title. He is also deputy director and deputy party chief of the NDRC, China’s national economic planning body.
- The establishment of this sub-group is considered to reflective of the top leadership’s emphasis on economic reform based on a sustainable environment.
- Liu is believed to be an ally of Xi, as he accompanied Xi on his tour to inspect Guangdong province in late 2012, soon after Xi was elected the Communist Party’s top leader.
External Link : http://www.caixinglobal.com/2017-05-03/101085844.html