- February 14, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- The Centre will start paying farmers the first instalment of INR2,000 on 24 Feb 19 at a high-profile event where Prime Minister Narendra Modi is likely to formally kick off the implementation of the PM-KISAN scheme.
- The second instalment of the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi scheme, which BJP hopes will cheer rural voters on the eve of the general elections, will be due on 1 Apr 19, immediately after all beneficiaries get the first payment by 31 Mar 19.
- “A farmer receiving the first payment on 30 Mar 19 may well get the second part within a week,” said a senior government official involved in the scheme. About 5 million farmers are expected to be paid on the first day.
- BJP-ruled states of Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, Maharashtra and Gujarat have taken the lead in sending data on eligible farmers to the Central government, the official said. Uttarakhand has so far been the most enthusiastic state in sending data to the Centre, he said.
- Modi is likely to roll out the scheme at a two-day mega farmer conclave scheduled to begin on 23 Feb 19, he said.
- The official said farmers who are enrolled and verified by their respective state governments by 20 Feb 19 will get the first instalment of INR2,000 on 24 Feb 19. The Centre had asked states to upload the list of beneficiaries by 25 Feb 19.
- “The transfer of first instalment will, however, continue till 31 Mar 19 as the data gets updated. No payment would be made without Aadhaar card or Aadhaar enrolment to ensure there is no duplication in payment,” the official said.
- For the transfer of money, the agriculture ministry has told states to capture and upload name, age, gender, category, address, Aadhaar number, IFSC code and bank account of farmers on the portal.
- Those who do not have an Aadhaar number would have to furnish the enrolment number.
External Link: https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/politics-and-nation/pm-narendra-modi-to-launch-scheme-to-give-rs-6000-to-farmers-on-feb-24/articleshow/67979715.cms