- March 27, 2023
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- China will remain open “no matter what happens” and maintain steady economic growth, Premier Li Qiang told CEOs of multinational companies at a business conference in Beijing on 27 Mar.
- Li’s pledge came as the Chinese foreign ministry confirmed that the new premier would address the Boao Forum in Hainan later this week (27-31 Mar), days after his tour of Hunan province and southern tech hub Shenzhen.
- Addressing foreign business leaders, politicians and researchers at the annual China Development Forum in the capital, Li emphasised that China was deeply integrated with the global supply chain and would continue to drive the world’s economic growth as well as provide a huge market for foreign businesses.
- Li touted that China will align with international economic and trade rules that are of very high standards, expand China’s opening-up in a steady and systematic way, and strive to create a first-class business environment that is market-oriented, rule-of-law- based and internationalised.
- Even as ties with the United States remain strained amid an obvious trend of decoupling, Chinese leaders have repeatedly pledged a healthy and stable business environment and urged multinationals to expand their investments in China.