- July 10, 2018
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- Second year in a row, Andhra Pradesh outperformed 28 other states and seven union territories (UTs) to be the best in India to do business in, showed rankings released by the government on 10 Jul 18.
- The third edition of the annual ranking of all states and UTs under the Business Reform Action Plan (BRAP) conducted by the industry department and the World Bank showed Telangana and Haryana in second and third spots, while Meghalaya stood last at 36th position.
- The ranking is based on 372 action points or reforms undertaken to ease regulation and systems in construction permit, labour regulation, environmental registration, access to information, land availability, and single window system. It is aimed at triggering competition among states to attract investments and improve business climate.
- Only two states – Jharkhand and Telangana – have been able to implement the full 100% of reforms. However, 17 states have scored above 90%. Moreover, Telangana and West Bengal handheld Tripura and Nagaland, respectively to help them perform better.
- Out of the 372 recommendations, 78 action points will have feedback from the actual users or businesses. This is expected to help the government in checking the pulse of the users before the 2019 global ease of doing business rankings roll in come Nov 18.