- June 6, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News, Uncategorized
- Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha has reclaimed the premiership, winning 500 votes while FFP leader Thanathorn gained 244 votes with three abstentions.
- Prayut’s victory came despite MPs from the Pheu Thai-led coalition questioning his qualifications, focusing on his role as a coup-maker.
- The session lasted for more than 10 hours, after House speaker Chuan Leekpai allowed MPs and senators to discuss the qualifications of the prime ministerial candidates, despite Prayut brushing off a need for a vision speech on 4 Jun 19.
- Mr Thanathorn did not take part in the debate and the prime ministerial vote, because he is suspended as an MP, pending a ruling by the Constitutional Court on his alleged illegal holding of shares in a media company.
External Link: https://www.bangkokpost.com/news/politics/1689916/prayut-beats-off-rival-for-pm