- June 24, 2021
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- The Ministry of Planning and Investment (MPI) has announced plans to issue more specific criteria for special investment incentives to better attract foreign direct investment (FDI).
- The ministry is collecting opinions to finalise the draft of the Prime Minister’s decision on special investment incentives, said Deputy Minister of Planning and Investment Nguyễn Thị Bích Ngọc.
- Many experts have said Vietnam really needs to have new criteria of special investment incentives, aiming at efficiency in investment activities, attracting quality investment and investment in technology, and also ensuring environmental protection.
- At the same time, priority should be given to projects with advanced technology, high-tech, added value and connection to the global production and supply chains. That is a goal of Politburo Resolution No 50-NQ/TW on perfecting institutions and policies for FDI attraction and improving the quality and efficiency of foreign investment co-operation.
- During the Jan 21 to May 21 period, total newly registered and supplemented FDI capital was posted at nearly USD14bn, up 0.8 % y/y, including USD8.8bn, up 18.6 %, from 613 newly-registered projects.
- Singapore was the largest foreign investor in Việt Nam during the period with a total investment capital of USD5.26bn, accounting for 37.6% of total foreign investment capital. It was followed by Japan, South Korea and China.
External Link : https://vietnamnews.vn/economy/979363/viet-nam-to-issue-more-specific-criteria-in-special-investment-incentives.html