- October 27, 2021
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- HCMC Public Transport Management Center wants to resume all public bus routes after 15 Nov 21, but would do so in phases, it proposed to the municipal transport department.
- Sixteen important bus routes, connecting major transit points like coach and bus stations and passing through industrial parks and wholesale markets, should start operate by Nov. 1 at 40% their usual number of rides, the center proposed. Out of these 16 bus routes, eight have already resumed operations since Oct. 25.
- Starting 8 Nov 21, 29 other bus routes, which lead to central areas, roundabouts and other routes where no other buses can access, would resume operations at 50% their usual number of rides.
- Starting 15 Nov 21, all 41 other subsidized bus routes would resume operations. By this phase, bus frequencies might be adjusted in accordance with demand at the time and the performance of other bus routes, and may be increased to 70-80% their usual number of rides.
- In a related development, the HCMC Department of Industry and Trade has proposed to allow on-site dining in the city, with alcohol sold at certain establishments in District 7 and Thu Duc City.
- Establishments would operate until 9 p.m. at half their maximum capacity, except for restaurants with wedding venues, at residential facilities and at tourist attractions. No alcohol would be allowed, except for certain locations in District 7 and Thu Duc City as part of a trial. The exact locations would be decided by the People’s Committees of District 7 and Thu Duc City, both home to large expat communities.
- Throughout the past eight months, the revenues of food and beverage establishments in the city were only around VND32tn (USD1.4bn), a 20% reduction from the same period 2020. Dismal sales performance has caused numerous shops to close up for good.
External Link : https://e.vnexpress.net/news/news/hcmc-plans-to-resume-all-public-bus-routes-from-nov-15-4377273.html
External Link : https://e.vnexpress.net/news/news/hcmc-department-proposes-on-site-dining-with-alcohol-in-district-7-thu-duc-4377745.html