- June 13, 2021
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- Vietnam recorded a total of 293 local Covid-19 cases on 13 Jun 21, including 95 cases in Ho Chi Minh City as the cluster at its frontline coronavirus hospital got bigger.
- HCMC already registered 51 cases in the morning and noon announcements. Of the city’s cases on 13 Jun 21, 53 are employees of the HCMC Hospital for Tropical Diseases and five are their close contacts. All the employees had been fully vaccinated against Covid-19 with the AstraZeneca vaccine. Other cases in the city had come into close contact with previously confirmed patients.
- Cases in the northern province of Bac Giang are all associated with outbreaks in quarantined areas and industrial parks, while those in its neighbour Bac Ninh are linked to outbreaks in Khac Niem, Que Vo, Thuan Thanh and Dai Phuc Districts.
- The health ministry also discharged 171 patients and recorded one death on 13 Jun 21, raising the number of recoveries since the beginning of the pandemic to 3,998 and fatalities to 59.
- The country has recorded 7,333 local cases in 39 cities and provinces in the latest Covid-19 wave starting from 27 Apr 21.
- Bac Giang continues to lead with 4,045 cases, followed by Bac Ninh with 1,343 cases and HCMC with 789 cases.