- March 3, 2023
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- The United States and South Korea will conduct more than 10 days of large-scale military exercises on Mar 23, including amphibious landings, officials from the two countries said on 3 Mar.
- The “Freedom Shield” drills will be held from 13 to 23 Mar to strengthen the allies’ combined defensive posture, the two militaries said in a statement released at a briefing in Seoul.
- On 3 Mar, the two militaries conducted a combined air drill with at least one American B-1B long-range bomber and South Korean F-15K and KF-16 fighter aircraft, South Korea’s ministry of defence said in a statement.
- The aim was to practice coordination as well as demonstrate American “extended deterrence” against North Korean threats, the ministry said.
- South Korean officials have also noted North Korea is also conducting annual winter drills.