- October 14, 2020
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- Allies of newly-minted Speaker Lord Allan Velasco (Marinduque) were elected on 14 Oct 20 to top House posts just a day after the House ratified his election as to the top post in Batasang Pambansa.
- Upon a motion of Rep. Juan Pablo “Rimpy” Bondoc (Pampanga), Rep. Michael Romero (1-PACMAN party-list) was reinstated as deputy speaker barely two weeks after the House, then led by Rep. Alan Peter Cayetano (Taguig-Pateros), ousted him from that position.
- Romero replaced staunch Cayetano ally Rep. Luis Raymund Villafuerte (Camarines Sur).
- Bondoc also moved to elect Rep. Doy Leachon (Oriental Mindoro) as senior deputy speaker, replacing Rep. Paolo Duterte (Davao City), who was voted on 13 Oct 20 to chair the House accounts panel which handles the chamber’s budget.
- Cayetano had asked Velasco to fulfill his “word of honor” — a phrase bandied about at the height of the tension between the two factions in the administration coalition — and ensure that no other committee chairpersons would be removed from their posts during their transition.
External Link : https://www.philstar.com/headlines/2020/10/14/2049565/velasco-allies-get-top-house-posts-after-election-speaker