- May 11, 2022
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- Presumptive vice president Sara Duterte will be education secretary, presumptive president Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. said.
- “I have been authorized to announce the first nominee that we will be giving to the Commission on Appointments when the time comes, should I be proclaimed, and that is that the incoming vice president has agreed to take the brief of the Department of Education,” Marcos Jr. told the media.
- “She wants to make sure that the children are well-trained and well-educated and that is the best motivation that we can hope for,” he added.
- Marcos Jr. said one of the priority appointments for the transition would be the economic team.
- “As I am sure you can imagine, the economic managers are going to be critical for the next several years because of the pandemic and the economic crisis, so that is something that we are looking at very carefully,” he said.
- Marcos Jr. only began talking to his team about transition 11 May 22, saying that he is open to taking into his Cabinet people who belong to the opposite political fence.