- August 5, 2020
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha has vowed to push for constitutional amendments, saying the government will present its own version of a charter rewrite bill in the next parliamentary session.
- Speaking after a cabinet meeting, the prime minister said his position has been to support the House committee assigned to study charter amendments.
- If and when the opposition submits a charter change bill to parliament, the government will also present its version, Gen Prayut said.
- The premier’s move comes amid mounting calls for controversial charter changes, particularly from the opposition and student activists.
- He added that he has supported charter amendments where necessary. He will discuss charter change proposals with the House committee, and the ruling Palang Pracharath Party and its coalition partners will then work together on drafting their own bill.
- He also said the government will hold forums in Aug 20 for “new-generation people” to voice opinions on what they want Thailand’s future to be like.
External Link : https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/politics/1962675/pm-vows-to-change-charter