- July 15, 2020
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- For two more weeks starting 16 Jul 20, the National Capital Region will remain under general community quarantine while Cebu City loosens restrictions to modified enhanced community quarantine.
- Presidential spokesperson Harry Roque, who made the announcement, said that a return to modified ECQ in Metro Manila is still possible if cases continue to rise in the capital in the next two weeks beginning 16 Jul 20.
- Roque added Metro Manila mayors said they would be able to address rising cases in their areas.
- Classes will still open on 24 Aug 20, Education Secretary Leonor Briones said, suggesting that local governments could shoulder the weight of distributing learning resources to students’ homes.
- Metro Manila has been under GCQ since the beginning of Jun 20 to restart the country’s economy, though the coronavirus cases being added daily have been rising.