- February 14, 2022
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- Presidential frontrunner Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. will be skipping his third major presidential forum, this time the CNN Philippines debates, citing conflict of schedule.
- “Former Senator Ferdinand ‘Bongbong’ Marcos Jr. is the lone presidential hopeful who will not attend the debates for now due to conflict of schedule,” said the news franchise CNN Philippines in an announcement on 14 Feb 22.
- The CNN Philippines debates will be held on 27 Feb 22 for the presidential candidates, and on 26 Feb 22 for the vice-presidential bets.
- Marcos’ running mate Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte will not attend too, but she did not provide a reason, according to CNN Philippines.
- The camps of other presidential aspirants have criticized Marcos’ non-attendance in the fora. Ernest Ramel, chairman of Mayor Isko Moreno’s Aksyon Demokratiko, said: “His spokesperson may just run out of excuses for him not to attend any of the presidential debates and fora.”