- April 6, 2022
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- Ferdinand Marcos Jr., the late dictator’s son, kept his lead in the 2022 presidential race, while closest rival Vice President Leni Robredo saw her numbers rising by 9 percentage points, according to the results of a Pulse Asia survey on voters’ preference conducted in Mar 22.
- The survey, which sampled 2,400 adults 18 years old and above, was held from 17-21 Mar 22, and made public on 6 Apr 22.
- The latest Pulse survey showed that if elections were held during the survey period, 56% of voters would pick Marcos Jr. as president – a 4-point drop from his Feb 22 numbers.
- Robredo’s voter preference rating jumped by 9 percentage points, or to 24% from 15% in Feb 22.
- Trailing Marcos Jr. and Robredo were Manila Mayor Isko Moreno (8%), Senator Manny Pacquiao (6%), and Senator Ping Lacson (2%). Both Domagoso and Pacquiao went down 2 percentage points, while Lacson’s number stayed the same.
- Marcos Jr saw his numbers drop across four locations – Metro Manila, Balance Luzon, Visayas, and Mindanao – even as he kept his lead.
- Robredo, meanwhile, saw her numbers rise dramatically in all locations, save for the National Capital Region.
- She rose by 14 percentage points in Balance Luzon, 9 points in Visayas, and 9 points in Mindanao. In NCR, her preference numbers was 1 percentage point lower.
- More elderly voters are choosing Robredo as shown by the big 19-point rise in her rating among the 65 and up age group. Gen Z voters, aged 18-24, are also among those who are supporting Robredo in droves.
- Given the 14-point drop suffered by Marcos in this same category and the largely unchanged figures for other candidates, it’s likely that support shifted to Robredo. Robredo saw a rise in support across all ages, reflecting her 9-point surge in nationwide numbers.
External Link : https://www.rappler.com/nation/elections/ferdinand-marcos-jr-keeps-lead-robredo-numbers-up-march-2022-pulse-asia-survey/