- April 12, 2021
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- Strict lockdowns, should the need arise, must be implemented in a targeted and time-bound manner to limit the ill effects on employment, according to the Department of Finance (DOF).
- In an economic bulletin, Finance Undersecretary and chief economist Gil Beltran said the surge in infections may give rise to more strict lockdowns, but these should be implemented in such a way that there will be continuity in the delivery of goods and services.
- “Like fiscal incentives that should be time-bound and targeted, strict quarantine measures, if and when they are called for, should be localized and time-bound while not necessarily hampering the transportation of goods and delivery of services so as to minimize the collateral damage on the economy and, consequently, employment,” Beltran said.
- On 10 Apr 21, Finance Secretary Carlos Dominguez said the inter-agency task force (IATF) for COVID-19 response is considering alternatives to the Enhanced Community Quarantine that slows down economic recovery.
- “The IATF is meeting as we speak and is considering the situation and alternatives, and will make a recommendation for the way forward. We have the finances necessary to provide for all the medical requirements,” he told reporters.