- September 14, 2021
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- The Philippines will ease coronavirus restrictions in the capital Manila despite record infection numbers, officials said on 14 Sep 21, as it seeks to spur economic activity.
- Virus cases have surged to record levels — more than 140,000 cases in the past week — thanks to an outbreak of the highly contagious Delta variant.
- Metropolitan Manila will be placed on the second-highest alert under a new classification system that replaces guidelines that left many residents and business owners confused about which activities were allowed.
- Localised lockdowns targeting specific buildings, streets or neighbourhoods will be enforced to check the spread of the virus, replacing the current scheme that covers entire cities and regions.
- Six out of 10 adults in Manila are inoculated, compared to 22% of Filipino adults nationwide, officials said.
- COVAX Facility will provide 10 million more doses of COVID-19 vaccine to the Philippines, the World Health Organization announced on 14 Sep 21.
- The new batch of donated jabs will come on top of the 13 million doses the global initiative, co-led by the WHO, had already sent, per Dr. Rabindra Abeyasinghe.
- Vaccines sent by the COVAX Facility to the country are: AstraZeneca at 4.58 million doses, Johnson & Johnson at 3.2 million, Moderna at 3 million, and Pfizer at 2.66 million, per Philstar.com’s monitoring.
External Link : https://www.philstar.com/headlines/2021/09/14/2127074/philippines-get-10-million-new-covid-19-vaccine-doses-covax-who/
External Link : https://www.france24.com/en/live-news/20210914-philippines-eases-virus-lockdown-in-capital-to-spur-economy