- August 2, 2020
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- President Rodrigo Duterte has approved the imposition of Modified Enhanced Community Quarantine in Metro Manila, Laguna, Cavite, Rizal and Bulacan as recommended by members of the Cabinet.
- Presidential spokesperson Harry Roque made the announcement in a text message to reporters while the president was talking about something else entirely.
- The MECQ will take effect at midnight of 4 Aug 20 and will be in place until 18 Aug 20, according to reports.
- Under guidelines released by the government in May 20, areas under Modifiied ECQ will have limited movements within the MECQ zone for obtaining essential services and work.
- Duterte at his address also admitted to lapses on the part of the national government that were pointed out by the healthcare professionals, though he was quick to pin the blame on corrupt officials in local governments.