- August 24, 2021
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- President Rodrigo Duterte has accepted the nomination of his party PDP-Laban to run for vice president in the 2022 elections.
- PDP-Laban executive vice president and Cabinet Secretary Karlo Nograles announced this in a statement on 24 Aug 21.
- Nograles said Duterte “accepted the endorsement” of the party and “agreed to make the sacrifice and heed the clamor of the people.”
- At least three party sources said Duterte announced the decision during a Malacañang meeting with party president and Energy Secretary Alfonso Cusi and other party officials on 22 Aug 21.
- Nograles also announced five senatorial candidates of the ruling party: House Deputy Speaker Rodante Marcoleta, Information and Communications Technology Secretary Gregorio Honasan II, Chief Presidential Legal Counsel Salvador Panelo, Transportation Secretary Arthur Tugade, and Public Works Secretary Mark Villar.
- He said the latest developments will be among the agenda at the PDP-Laban national convention on 8 Sep 21, at the San Jose Del Monte Convention Center, in San Jose del Monte, Bulacan. Party insiders said Duterte and Senator Bong Go are set to attend the event.