- March 30, 2022
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- PHILIPPINE CENTRAL BANK Governor Benjamin E. Diokno said raising the key policy rate to between 2.5% and 2.75% as part of an exit from pandemic-era accommodation would be “reasonable and consistent” with the nation’s economic growth and inflation targets.
- “We plan to start the normalization process in 2H22,” Mr. Diokno said, when asked about the plan for rate hikes.
- “It is not date specific, but we will continue to be data dependent,” he said, adding that a 2.75% key policy rate “might be reached by 2023.”
- Mr. Diokno on 26 Mar 22 said a rate increase isn’t the appropriate tool to address supply-driven price pressures, and suggested non-monetary moves to the government.
- BSP has kept interest rates on hold since Nov 20, and is scheduled to set the benchmark rate next on 19 May 22.
External Link : https://www.bworldonline.com/diokno-sees-rate-rise-to-2-5-2-75-as-reasonable/