- July 27, 2020
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- The Department of Budget and Management (DBM) is expected to submit the proposed national budget for 2021 to Congress in Aug 20.
- Budget Undersecretary Laura B. Pascua on 26 Jul 20 said the Development Budget Coordination Committee (DBCC) has already approved the PHP4.506tr budget ceiling for 2021. 2021’s proposed budget is higher than the PHP4.1tr allocated for 2020.
- The figure is higher than the previous proposal of PHP4.335tr, after taking into account the impact of the coronavirus crisis.
- The DBM is given 30 days from the date of the SONA to transmit the proposed national budget to Congress.
- House of Representatives Majority Leader and Leyte Rep. Ferdinand Martin G. Romualdez said the timely enactment of a “stimulus” national budget for 2021 as well as measures meant to address the crisis will be the 18th Congress’ priorities for its second session.