- November 9, 2021
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte-Carpio withdrew her bid for re-election just six days before the deadline set by the Commission on Elections for the substitution of candidates for the 2022 elections.
- “This afternoon, I withdrew my candidacy for Davao City mayor,” Duterte-Carpio said in Filipino on her Facebook page.
- Duterte-Carpio said her brother, Davao City Vice Mayor Sebastian “Baste” Duterte, will be running for mayor in her stead.
- Baste withdrew his candidacy for Vice-Mayor on 9 Nov 21 morning, telling local reporters that he did so on the advice of Duterte-Carpio.
- President Rodrigo Duterte’s eldest daughter did not state any further reasons for her withdrawal. “This is all for now,” she said.