- March 15, 2023
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- Thailand’s House of Representatives will be dissolved on 20 Mar, Minister of the Thai Prime Minister’s Office Thanakorn Wangboonkongchana said on 14 Mar as he was heading for the weekly Cabinet meeting.
- This was the last Cabinet meeting before the caretaker Cabinet takes over.
- Last week (6-12 Mar), Thai PM General Prayut Chan-O-Cha strongly hinted that he will dissolve the House after the Cabinet holds its last official meeting this week (13 – 19 Mar).
- The PM has repeatedly said he will dissolve the House to make it easier for MPs to prepare for the upcoming election. He also said the House dissolution would be carefully timed so the election can be held on 7 May as scheduled by the Election Commission.
- Deputy Prime Minister Wissanu Krea-ngam said that even after the House is dissolved, Prayut can still change the composition of his Cabinet and ministers can still leave the interim Cabinet.