- February 8, 2022
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- The government will open discussions to set up travel bubbles with China and Malaysia this Feb 22 to attract more foreign visitors, following the resumption of the Test & Go scheme on 1 Feb 22.
- The number of visitors allowed to visit Thailand under the travel bubble arrangement will be capped, and their movements will also be limited to certain areas in an effort to prevent fresh Covid-19 outbreaks.
- Under the new travel bubble arrangements, tourists won’t have to quarantine upon arrival, but their entry will be subject to special protocols which regulate the kind of visa they can use to come in, where they can stay and which flights to take.
- The Association of Thai Travel Agents (Atta) had previously said that international arrivals may exceed 5 million this year if the government launches travel bubbles with Asian countries, as the Test & Go scheme alone won’t be enough to attract tourists who still have to quarantine upon returning.
- Gen Prayut will chair a meeting of the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) this 11 Feb 22 to consider the easing of more virus curbs so more activities can resume.
- Health Minister Mr Anutin said that even though daily infection figures have soared to more than 10,000, the number of deaths remain low.
- “Therefore, we don’t need to bring back lockdowns. Only nightlife venues, such as pubs, bars and karaoke parlours won’t be allowed to reopen just yet”, he said.
- Kiattiphum Wongrajit, permanent secretary for public health, said that the Covid-19 situation remains under control, with the fatality rate in the current wave standing at only 0.2%.
External Link : https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2260283/tour-bubble-plan-in-works