- September 29, 2020
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- Thailand will receive its first foreign vacationers when a flight from China arrives next week, marking the gradual restart of a vital tourism sector battered by coronavirus travel curbs, a senior official said on 29 Sep 20.
- The first flight will have about 120 tourists from Guangzhou, flying directly to the resort island of Phuket, Tourism Authority of Thailand governor Yuthasak Supasorn told Reuters.
- Government spokeswoman Traisulee Traisoranakul expects 1,200 tourists in the first month, generating about THB1bn in revenue and THB12.4bn over one year, drawing in 14,400 tourists.
- Nationalities permitted to enter will be from countries deemed low risk by the government, which will keep tabs on them.
- “Tourists will be on a long stay visa starting 8 Oct 20 and will stay in alternative state quarantine for 14 days,” Mr Yuthasak said.
- Visitors need health insurance and a negative coronavirus test 72 hours before travelling and will be tested twice in quarantine.
External Link : https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/1993651/thailand-to-slowly-restart-tourism-with-flight-from-china