- April 4, 2022
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- The ruling Palang Pracharath Party (PPRP) aims to win at least 150 House seats in the next general election, according to party secretary-general Santi Promphat.
- He expressed confidence the PPRP can achieve its goal and dismissed the Pheu Thai Party’s claim that it would score a landslide victory in the next general election.
- “I think [Pheu Thai] winning a landslide victory is just a dream. The most important thing is our actions and we will turn the PPRP into a channel for the people’s hopes,” Mr Santi said.
- Mr Santi made his statement after the PPRP’s general meeting on 4 Apr 22. Mr Santi was confirmed as the PPRP’s secretary-general during the meeting after he served in the position following Thamanat Prompow’s expulsion from the PPRP (Thamanat was the former secretary-general of the PPRP).
- The PPRP’s leader General Prawit Wongsuwon vowed at the meeting to strengthen the PPRP and make it a political institution capable of representing the nation’s interest. He said the party will formulate policy platforms based on people’s needs and focus on agricultural development.
- Four new executive committee members were also elected during the meeting: Gen Krisyothin Sasipattanawong, former staff officer to General Prawit; Gen Thanya Kiatisarn, former commander of the 2nd Army; and party-list MPs Wichian Chawalit and Pornchai Trakoonvaranond.
- The PPRP plans to begin regular seminars explaining its policies to the public in all 400 constituencies.
External Link : https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/politics/2289598/ruling-pprp-aims-to-win-150-house-seats
External Link : https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/politics/2289542/pprp-aims-to-win-150-house-seats-at-general-election