- February 19, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- Key members of Thai Raksa Chart (TRC) have ended their self-imposed break from political activities and hit the campaign trail on 19 Feb 19 to help local candidates woo voters.
- Leading TRC members on 14 Feb 19 announced they would quit canvassing for votes after the Constitutional Court accepted a petition from the Election Commission (EC) to dissolve the party, which came following the party’s violation of the Political Parties Act by nominating Princess Ubolratana to be its PM candidate.
- On 19 Feb 19, chief campaign strategist Chaturon Chaisaeng announced the party would heed calls from party members and candidates to resume campaigning for the 24 Mar 19 election, leading to an immediate commencement in canvassing following the announcement in Bang Na district of Bangkok.
- He indicated that major rallies could be held – but executive members of the party would not join them as they were preparing for a court fight, which was slated for 27 Feb 19.
- Meanwhile, TRC key members have kept a low profile since the nomination day but the party’s candidates running for Member of Parliament (MP) seats have continued their campaigns, some of who said that they could not sit around and wait for the ruling to be handed down and would continue to fight for the party.