- July 6, 2020
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- The Royal Thai Police is forming a special task force to track down tourists infected with Covid-19 as Thailand prepares to reopen its airspace to travellers.
- The Central Investigation Bureau (CIB) will be in charge of tracking tourists.
- National police chief Chakthip Chaijinda has appointed Pol Lt Gen Sutin Suppuang, commissioner of the CIB to establish a “Covid-19 Investigation Division” to avoid any potential future outbreaks.
- The Covid-19 Investigation Division will contain the spread of the virus, which might enter the country by way of foreign tourists or Thai returnees when the airspace is reopened.
- Staff will be recruited from the Thai Marine Police Division, Highway Police and Natural Resources and Environment Crime Suppression Division which normally work with the tourism sector.