- July 15, 2021
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- Koh Samui opened to vaccinated foreign tourists on 15 Jul 21 despite a nationwide surge in Covid-19 cases propelled by the Delta variant.
- The islands of Koh Samui, Koh Phangan and Koh Tao are welcoming visitors as part of the kingdom’s push to revive the battered tourism industry.
- The reopening of Samui and its neighbors will be slow compared to the island of Phuket, which began welcoming vaccinated tourists two weeks ago.
- Bangkok is keen to see the country’s vital tourism industry fully back on its feet by mid-Oct 21. Before COVID, tourism and related sectors accounted for 20% of the country’s gross domestic product.
- The rest of the country is struggling to rein in infections from the Delta variant, which authorities say now makes up nearly 80% of the caseload.