- March 13, 2021
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- Four key anti-government protest leaders were reported to have been denied bail yet again on 12 Mar 21.
- The Criminal Court rejected bail requests submitted by Parit “Penguin” Chiwarak, Panusaya “Rung” Sithijirawattanakul, Jatupat “Pai Dao Din” Boonpattararaksa and Piyarat “Toto” Chongthep, a source said. If verified, this would be the fifth time the quartet have been refused bail.
- The student protest leaders’ lecturers appeared in court and testified as to why their students should be released on bail.
- Before the outcome of the hearing was known, Mr Kritsadang also complained about Mr Parit’s transfer to Area 5 of the prison, usually designated for inmates already convicted. He condemned the transfer, saying Mr Parit should still be considered innocent.
- The lawyer also said he had demanded an explanation from senior Department of Corrections officials but has had no reply from them over the matter.