- December 13, 2018
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha has hinted once again he may be ready to return as premier after the 24 Feb 19 poll, a day after the ban on political activities was lifted.
- During his visit with cabinet ministers to the northeastern province of Bung Kan on 12 Dec 18, Gen Prayut admitted he is now a full-time politician.
- “I am here today. If I tell you that I am not a full-time politician, that’s not true because I have been running the country.
- On 3 Jan 18, Gen Prayut declared for the first time since he seized power in 2014 that he is a politician, though he also reminded people he is “a politician who used to be a soldier”.
- Also, Gen Prayut previously said he would give a clear answer about whether he would enter the political fray after the political ban had been lifted.
- Gen Prayut previously hinted the Palang Pracharath Party (PPRP) may be his preferred choice if he decides to become a prime ministerial candidate on a party ticket.
- Industry Minister Uttama Savanayana concurrently serves as the PPRP’s leader and Science and Technology Minister Suvit Maesincee its deputy leader.
- Gen Prayut also hit out at anti-government elements who began to take to the streets to protest against the government after the ban on political activities, including political gatherings of five people and more, was lifted.
External Link: https://www.bangkokpost.com/news/politics/1592738/prayut-hints-again-at-return-as-premier