- July 10, 2018
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- Deputy Prime Minister Prawit Wongsuwon has denied any knowledge of a senior military officer based in the Northeast helping to poach former MPs for the Phalang Pracharat Party.
- It was reported the senior officer has been offering benefits to politicians to defect from their parties to Phalang Pracharat, which is alleged to be the regime’s tool for retaining power and securing Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha’s return as premier after the next election.
- “Who’s promising whom benefits? Tell me the name,” he said.
- When asked if the officer in question was one of the top chiefs in the 2nd Army Region, Gen Prawit downplayed the reports saying a senior officer may have talked to politicians because they were acquainted but there was nothing more to it.
- “They may have had a conversation but it has nothing to do with me,” the deputy premier said.
- Gen Prawit also dismissed a rumour politicians paid a courtesy call on him at his residence at the 1st Infantry Regiment, King’s Guard, in Bangkok late last week.