- July 20, 2020
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- The ruling Palang Pracharath Party (PPRP) will submit the names of those it hopes to get a seat in cabinet under its ministerial quota to Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha after a party meeting on 21 Jul 20.
- The party will discuss a list of people who will be nominated for cabinet seats as a cabinet reshuffle looms.
- Deputy Prime Minister and party leader Prawit Wongsuwon will chair a meeting of the party’s executive committee to consider a range of topics, including the list of would-be cabinet ministers, said deputy party leader Paiboon Nititawan.
- The decision on who will be chosen will remain at the discretion of the prime minister, Mr Paiboon said, adding the executive committee will decide whether to reveal the list of nominees to the public.
- On 21 Jul 20, the party will also officially declare Pol Gen Yongyuth Thepchamnong, former leader of the now-dissolved Prachaniyom Party, as a new member of the PPRP after the Election Commission (EC) confirmed the dissolution of the party.
- Meanwhile, Super Poll released its result of its opinion survey asking young people their views on the people likely to replace the three ministers who resigned.
- A majority of respondents or 87.7% said they were not confident the names which have been mentioned would work for the good of the country.
External Link : https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/politics/1954055#cxrecs_s