- March 6, 2018
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- Pheu Thai’s acting deputy spokesman on 5 Mar 18 denied reports of major rifts within the party. Anusorn Iamsa-ard was responding to media reports of ructions between key Pheu Thai Party members.
- One such report was an alleged slanging match between Chalerm Ubumrung and Khunying Sudarat Keyuraphan after she was supposed to have walked in on a party meeting Mr Chalerm was attending.
- “The Pheu Thai Party has not had any party meeting as it cannot hold any political activities,” Mr Anusorn said, referring to the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) chief’s orders prohibiting political activities and also banning political gatherings of five people or more.
- He said the former prime minister has not been involved in any party activities for quite some time.
- “It’s the nature of politics that people will have different opinions, but in Pheu Thai, we never take personal views as a source of conflict within the party,” Mr Anusorn said.