- July 29, 2021
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- House Speaker Chuan Leekpai says parliament will convene on 18-20 Aug 21 to deliberate the budget bill for the 2022 fiscal year, despite the Covid-19 pandemic.
- He and Senate Speaker Pornpetch Wichitcholchai agreed that parliament would postpone its meetings scheduled for this week and 4-5 Aug 21 due to surging daily infections.
- As for the meetings slated for 11-19 Aug 21, Mr Chuan said he would review the schedule again because 12 Aug 21, which is the birthday of Her Majesty Queen Sirikit the Queen Mother, is a public holiday.
- Since several airlines have not yet resumed services, MPs in the provinces may have to travel by car to attend the meetings in Bangkok, Mr Chuan said, adding that when they arrive at parliament, they must go through strict health screening.
- Asked if there are any bills affected by the postponement, Mr Chuan said that a bill presented by the Commerce Ministry had now been passed while another bill was pending deliberation. Yet another had not yet been accepted in its first reading.