- April 22, 2020
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- More than 1 million applicants rejected for the THB5,000 monthly cash handout submitted appeals online in the two days since the government opened the appeal process, says the Finance Ministry.
- State officials will meet those who appealed to verify their identities and careers, said Thanakorn Wangboonkongchana, secretary to the finance minister.
- Applicants are advised to prepare documents and photos to confirm their workplace as well as utility bills, rent receipts and citizen ID cards to speed up the appeals process and enable them to receive the cash giveaway by Jun 20, Mr Thanakorn said.
- Applicants for the handout totalled 28 million as of 17 Apr 20, which has fallen to 23.5 million after repeat registrations were removed.
- Of the total 23.5 million registrants, 21.1 million have already been screened against the Provincial Administration Department’s database. Of the applicants, 1.8 million failed to meet criteria based on the department’s data.
- Among the 21.1 million applicants, 6.3 million were asked to provide additional information, 10.6 million were rejected and the remaining 4.2 million have been granted the cash handout.
- On 21 Apr 20, the cabinet approved raising the number of recipients of THB5,000 per month for three months to 14 million from 9 million, bringing the budget to THB210bn.
- When the cabinet approved the THB1.9tr third stimulus package on 7 Apr 20, the payout period was extended to six months, prompting criticism the programme should be extended to cover more people than the 9 million estimated by the government at the time.
- The Finance Ministry has since backtracked, saying the handout period would be at least three months and the six-month payment period was not guaranteed.
External Link : https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/1901285/prayut-b5-000-to-be-paid-for-three-months
External Link : https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/1904645/over-1m-appeal-cash-handout-rejection