- March 31, 2022
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- The Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration confirmed on 31 Mar 22 that travellers arriving in Thailand will no longer require pre-travel Covid-19 tests from 1 Apr 22 onwards.
- This applies for travellers under the Test & Go, Sandbox and quarantine programmes.
- People who enter the country through one of the programmes will be given an RT-PCR test on arrival. They will be required to perform an antigen self-test on day 5 after arrival and be monitored at their hotel.
- Sandbox visitors must remain in their designated area for five days. Visitors in the quarantine scheme will be kept in isolation for five days.
- The CCSA also revised the colour-coded system by lowering the number of provinces designated as controlled orange zones from 44 to 20 while the number of provinces classified as high-surveillance yellow zones was increased from 25 to 47.
- The number of provinces designated as blue zones and promoted for tourism was increased from 8 to 10, with these including Chiang Mai and Phetchaburi provinces.