- May 26, 2021
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- The vaccine manufactured by US-based Moderna will be available for private buyers in Thailand in 3Q21, according to the Private Hospital Association (PHA).
- The vaccination timeline has been brought forward and the price hospitals would charge is tentatively put at THB2,000 per shot, excluding insurance and service charges.
- Chalerm Harnphanich, the association president and chief executive officer of Bangkok Chain Hospital, said the association had doubled its original order for five million doses of the Moderna vaccine via the Government Pharmaceutical Organisation (GPO).
- Once the vaccine order had been finalised, the association would be required to fully pay the GPO up front, he said. Exactly how much private hospitals would charge customers would also be announced next week but Dr Chalerm expected them to try to keep this close to the cost price.
- He said there was no plan to import vaccines from other manufacturers.
External Link : https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2121563/moderna-jabs-ready-in-third-quarter