- July 8, 2021
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- A lockdown may be considered to curb the spread of Covid-19 if new cases continue to surge, National Security Council secretary-general Natthapol Nakpanich said.
- Gen Natthapol Nakpanich, head of the CCSA’s operation centre, said the CCSA would be willing to consider any proposal from the Ministry of Public Health for a lockdown to contain Covid-19 transmissions.
- “We may wait for 15 days to assess the situation,” Gen Natthapol said. “We have to take all factors into consideration.
- Asked whether a lockdown would be imposed only in areas where the Delta variant of the Covid-19 virus was rampant, or for the whole country, Gen Natthapol said emphasis would be placed on Bangkok and surrounding provinces, along with the four southern border provinces. Other parts of the country could be put under semi-lockdown.
- He went on to say that a total lockdown would have serious impacts on people living hand-to-mouth and those with no permanent income.