- May 28, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- THE Democrat and Bhumjaithai parties were formally approached by PPRP on 27 May 19 to form a coalition government after Parliament opened on the weekend and elected the house speakers.
- The Democrat Party remained non-committal, saying more talks were needed, while Bhumjaithai officially accepted the PPRP offer, citing the coalition leader’s acceptance of its four conditions.
- While details about the allocation of ministerial positions have yet to be fleshed out, the Democrats have reportedly secured the Agriculture Ministry, Commerce Ministry, and Social Development and Human Security Ministry.
- Meanwhile, Bhumjaithai is expected to take the helm at the Public Health Ministry, Sports and Tourism Ministry, and Transport Ministry.
- Democrat leader Jurin Laksanavisit is tipped to double as a deputy prime minister and commerce minister, whereas party secretary-general Chalermchai Sri-on is likely to take charge of the Agriculture Ministry.
- Meanwhile, Bhumjaithai Party leader Anutin Charnvirakul would serve as another deputy prime minister and public health minister while party secretary-general Saksayam Chidchob was named by sources as the likely transport minister.
- Other parties intending to join the pro-military coalition are Chartthaipattana, Chart Pattana and 11 minor parties with one seat each.
- However, Chartthaipattana MP Nikorn Chamnong said that Chartthaipattana had not been invited by PPRP to join the government and Chartthaipattana would make a decision when its executive board meets.
External Link: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30370102