- February 24, 2022
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Daily News
- The government has agreed to relax entry requirements for overseas arrivals by replacing the second RT-PCR test with an antigen test kit (ATK) and reducing health insurance coverage for foreign visitors from at least USD50,000 to USD20,000.
- As such, the Test & Go programme will require only one night of SHA Extra Plus or Alternative Quarantine accommodation booking on the day of arrival, instead of two nights.
- The rules will be effective from 1 Mar 22.
- According to the CCSA, overseas arrivals from 1-21 Feb 22 stood at 144,610, with 88,755 entering via Test & Go, 48,156 via the sandbox scheme and the rest through the quarantine programme.
- “To get zero cases we will have to go for lockdown measures, but we’ve already passed that point and the virus doesn’t seem to cause severe illnesses like it did in the beginning,” Deputy Prime Minister and Public Health Minister Mr Anutin said.